Winter is currently upon us but it won’t be long before the long, hot days of Summer arrive. Your air conditioner plays a very important role in keeping your Sydney home cool and comfortable. Here are some useful maintenance tips to get your air conditioner in peak condition ready for Summer.
- Check your air conditioner’s air filters. If they are dirty, change or clean them.
- Clear the area where your outdoor unit is. Make sure there isn’t debris blocking airflow. Blocking the outdoor units’ air flow will reduce its efficiency.
- Once in a while spray the outdoor condensing unit with water.
- If you have a ducted air conditioning system, make sure the low level vents are not blocked by furniture and your high level vents are free from dust.
- If you are using only one room, close the doors of other rooms and turn off their zones (for ducted air conditioning systems).
- Set the fan on “auto”, this way you won’t have the fan running constantly.
- Check the refrigerant levels.
- Check for any leakage and if found, seal it.
- Check and measure the air flow on the evaporator coil.
- Check the thermostat.
- Shut the windows and blinds to reduce external heat coming in.
- Respond to noises and vibrations that are appear unusual.
For other helpful hints on keeping cool while saving energy this Summer, visit the Energy Australia website.